Post Op Instructions Following Root Canal
- Sensitivity should subside after a few days.
- Take your prescribed medication as directed.
- Because a temporary filling is in the tooth, do not bite hard for one hour after your appointment. Once the permanent filling is in place, chew carefully on the opposite side of your mouth.
- Do not bite your lips, cheeks, or scrape your gums. Children should be watched carefully to make sure they don’t do this. It will damage soft tissues and result in pain.
- Sensitivity to cold and heat, as well as any soreness, should go away in a few days.
- Brush and floss gently.